Tuesday, January 31, 2006
I went home over the weekend for a bit of TLC (although, my parents being as they are, I didn't getting any). I hadn't been home for almost a month, and so a good bit of local gossip had built up.
- The Large house across a few of our fields has been sold to a Russian Ogilarch (not sure if he's an oil one though). The only picture I can find of the house is this one.
- My little sister had her exam for HMSG, which went well. Her interview with the Headmistress also went well, so I'm quite sure she'll get a place.
- I went to St Mary's for Eucharist on Sunday, and met a good few people that I knew. My Latin master from my first (and only) year doing the subject was there, so we had small chat, he mentioned that he was delighted that I was at Lampeter, and asked if I was going into the ministery. The Editer of The Lion served, and David McGladdery gave a good sermon. The new Chaplain of the school was in attendance also - seems like a good person, and a small bit of research shows he went to Wallsingham - no Evo then thank Goodness!
- As mentioned below, It seems that I have quite a few 'Persons of the Cloth' in the family history, and at least one Bishop. The highlighting of this could just have been a bit of a ploy on the 'rents part.
And with that, I'm off to get a bagel